WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways with information you give us when visiting the website, or subscribing to the Rusty Ends Newsletter.
If you subscribe to the Rusty Ends Newsletter, we collect your first name and email address.
Information automatically collected about you. We automatically log information about you and your computer when you visit our website, as explained in more detail below. This includes computer operating system type, browser type and language, how long you spent on a page, access times, geolocation and information about your use of and actions on our website.
Log files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit website pages, operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the website, to track users’ movements around the website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
USES OF INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
– We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our website, products, and services. Based upon the personally identifiable information you provide us when subscribing to The Rusty Ends Newsletter, we will send you a confirmation email which summarizes the information you provided to us when subscribing.
– We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
– We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages.
– We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
– We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services that you, our customers, request.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We do not sell or share your personal information with other third parties, other than sharing aggregate demographic information to the extent necessary with our own contractors to provide or improve our website or services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purposes. We may share personal information as follows:
– We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding. In such a case, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via e-mail and/or a notice on our Website of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
– We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers or any person.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website.
OPTING OUT, INFORMATION CHOICES, INFORMATION CHANGES
If you no longer wish to receive our promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt-out. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your registration, account, and our business dealings with you. For European residents subject to the GDPR, we will delete your information upon request and not send further emails to you. If your personally identifiable information changes, if you wish to access your information or obtain a copy of it or if you no longer desire our service or wish your personal information to be deleted, then you may access and update your profile (including personal information) with us by contacting us, as stated above. For European residents subject to the GDRP, if your personal data is processed in a way that does not comply with the GDPR, you may lodge a complaint with supervisory authorities of your jurisdiction who are obliged to inform you of the progress and outcome of your complaint. You also have the right of appeal to national courts against a legally binding decision concerning you made by a supervisory authority. You can typically remove and reject cookies from our website with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our website works for you.
CALIFORNIA ‘DO NOT TRACK’ NOTICE’
We do not track your website activities over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising, and therefore we do respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Visit http://www.networkadvertising.org or http://www.aboutads.info if you wish to learn more about your options to not accept tracking cookies for the purpose of receiving targeted interest-based advertisements.